Viator Medical Communications, Inc., was founded by Richard F. Tischler, Jr., PhD, FACME.
As a consultant specializing in accreditation, administration, regulation, quality improvement, and
educational programming, Dr. Tischler has provided counsel to more than 100 organizations, including
Associations, Societies, Hospitals, Medical Schools, Medical Education Companies, Publishing
Companies, Pharmaceutical Companies, and Medical Device Companies.
Viator specializes in the following services:
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Initial Accreditation & Reaccreditation
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) Accreditation
- Compliance with ACCME Updated Criteria
- Compliance with ACPE Standards for Continuing Pharmacy Education
- Compliance with Updated Standards for Commercial Support (ACCME, ACPE, ANCC)
- Compliance with the standards promulgated by AMA, OIG, FDA and other relevant regulators
- Training of CME/CE administrators, faculty members, planners and committees
- Developing Training Programs / Webinars
- Managing Joint Sponsorship process and implementation compliance
- Assisting in regulatory and educational aspects of Grant Development
- Administration of CME/CE Office both onsite and virtual
Dr. Tischler was Director of Accreditation Services for the
Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
and has served as Director of CME for a number of medical
education companies. He is a founder, and has served as
Treasurer, of NAAMECC, the North American Association of
Medical Education and Communication Companies, Inc.
Dr. Tischler has served on or chaired several committees that are
part of the Alliance for Continuing Medical Education and is a Fellow
of the Alliance. Dr. Tischler received his PhD from the University of Virginia in Higher Education Administration. He also has a BA in English from the University of Notre Dame
and an MA in English from Bowling Green State University.